Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting the Colours You Want in a Painting

So some of the time I am just creating my own abstract works and I can pick and chose which colours I want to use in the painting so essentially the choice is mine, but at other times, say when I am creating artwork for hotels or interior designers, I need to include specific colours, maybe those that match the furnishings or decorations. Colour mixing can be a very difficult art sometimes and people often struggle with this. What I can recommend if you want to learn which colours are used to create a certain mix is to get a colour mixing book. Sometimes what you mix to get a certain colour can surprise you and for a quick reference to an exact colour I have found my colour mixing books in valuable. See the Amazon recommended products above for a selection.

No comments: