Call to action: calling local artists and art enthusiasts to submit their concepts for permanent, site-specific pieces of art and sculpture.
· Supported by Dubai Culture and Arts Authority, the Al Ghurair Centre’s initiative is a call to regional artists and those residents in the UAE who have a creative flare and passion for art.
· Concepts for public, site-specific sculptures and installations in the urban hub of the city.
· Acting as a platform for emerging talent in the region
· The judges will shortlist entries in October 2014 according to their interpretation of the “some things change, some things stay the same” theme, creative nature and innovative design.
· Finalists will be announced in November and their installations will be publically unveiled in March 2015.
· Industry experts involved in the project include;
o Sheikha Wafa Hasher Al Maktoum (Emirait) – Artist, photographer and progressive business woman. She is determined to promote artistic development in the UAE
o Patricia Millns (British) –Her work can be seen in prestigious public and private collections worldwide, including The British Museum, the Royal Commonwealth Society, Sharjah National Museum, the Kuwait National Collection, the Royal Collection of Jordan and the Cultural Foundation of Abu Dhabi and UNIFEM New York.
o Ebtisam Abdul-Aziz (Emirati) – She has exhibited widely both across the UAE and internationally. A member of the Emirates Fine Art Society she lives and works in Sharjah.
o Colin Reaney (Kiwi) – Associate Professor in Sculpture at AUD, Colin is involved in many collaborative art projects internationally.
· Submission are being taken until 10th October 2014
· To submit a concept visit - http://alghuraircentre.com/publicartinitiative/